Makita’s 12-Inch Metal Cutting Saw (model LC1230) delivers power and ease-of-use features for a range of industrial metal-cutting applications. It is ideal for cutting in pipe, angle iron, conduit, and more.
15 AMP Motor Delivers 1,700 RPM
The LC1230 is powered by a Makita-built 15 amp motor that delivers 1,700 rpm for improved performance. The quick release "tool-less" guide plate adjusts from 0 degrees to 45 degrees for quick and easy miter cutting. Cutting capacities range from 4-1/2 inches at 90 degrees to 3-1/2 inches at 45 degrees.
Ease of Use Features for Improved Performance
Ease of use features include a quick release vise for secure material retention and fast repeated cut-offs, a socket wrench that stores on the base for convenient blade changes, and a shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment. The LC1230 has a D-shaped handle with a 2-finger trigger and a lock-off button engineered to prevent accidental start-ups. The saw includes a carbide-tipped blade that lasts 50X longer than abrasive wheels and is engineered to cut clean, accurate and virtually burr-free.
- Carbide-tipped blade lasts 50x longer than abrasive wheels; cuts clean, accurate and virtually burr-free
- Quick release vise for secure material retention and fast, repeated cut-offs
- Lock-off button for user convenience
- Quick release support fence adjusts 0-45° for miter cutting
- Shaft lock for easy blade changes with just one wrench
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor for the most demanding applications
- 4x faster cutting in light pipe, angle iron, tubing, conduit and channel than abrasive cut-off saws
- D-shape handle for user comfort
- Socket wrench stores on base for convenient blade changes
- Shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment
- Large cast aluminum base for stability
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- Maximum cutting depth of 4-1/2" with carbide tipped blade
Please note product images, specs and other information provided may change at any time without notice and may not reflect the units in stock at dealer location. We pride ourselves on working with companies who are constantly researching and developing better products and as such specs may change with little or no notice.